Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tony Luvs Maria #Jetsrule #2012



My son is in the stage crew for his high school's production of "West Side Story." It's a fabulous production, with a huge cast and cute Sharks and Jets and re-created a sweet brick tenement fire escape.

When the junior who plays Tony was climbing the ladder the other night (during my second viewing of the show - third and final time tonight. I think I have most of the lines memorized. I could totally step in and play one of the Sharks) I was thinking, this play still holds up after 50-plus years, but if this were 2012, our hero would NOT be going over to Maria's apartment to declare his love. He would be texting her. Maybe G-chatting. And her friends would have dissed Tony for the booty call.

So I am thinking - this story needs to be updated for 2012, told through social media.

I bring you WSS2012:

Twitter:

@Riffbudboy: Jetssssss rool!!!!!

@Bernardoz: @anitasababe Que pasa, sexy? Whatch u doing

@anitassfuego: chillin w/@maria. Docs later? #cantwait


Facebook - Tony: @ work @ docs. So bored. I feel like Somethings coming. Could be? Who knows?
   (Riffbudboy, Action, Anybodys like this)

@Anybodys: The principal says I have to wear a dress. F that. #igottabeme

Twitter:

@maria: @work and so bored. I sew all day and sit all night. #america problems. Can't wait for dance at the gym w/@bernardoz and @anitasababe #tonight.

@anitasfuego: @ the dance with BFF Maria. Cute white dress!

@Bernardoz: Mambo! #jetscantdance

Facebook - Tony: I just met a girl named @Maria. #truelove

Facebook: - Maria: @tony I know you are not someone else. We have zero friends in common. Text me later QT! :)

(Tony is now friends with Maria and 4 other people. Suggest friends for Tony).

Facebook- Anita  - Checked in at America
   I like to be in America!!!

Twitter: @anitasfuego @maria - where are u? U didn't answer my text.

@bernardoz: I am going to kick some Jet ass. #dontlookatmysister

@riffbudboy: Did you say #Jet #ass? RUMBLE!

@berndardoz: YEssssssss. I am bringing #sticks #bricks #fists.

@tony - Buenos noches.  can't we all just get along? #12feetofftheground.

@maria @tony - meet me at the bridal shop tomorrow. @anitasfuego is cool with it. #theresaplaceforus #idontmeaninthisneighborhood.




Facebook:
Riff: The Jets are gonna have their way TONIGHT!


West Side Police Official Page: Our community police officer, Officer Krumpke, says there better not be a rumble on his beat. Click here for more playground rules and regulations.


Twitter:

@Bernardoz: uh-oh. trouble. #fightouttahand.

@Riffbudboy: I need backup

Facebook
West Side Police Official Page: Disturbance reported at 57th Street playground. Possible two stabbing victims/ More info later.


@anitasfuego OMG OMG @maria

@maria: whats wrong??!?!

Facebook
Tony checked in at Doc's Drugstore


Doc's Drugstore Official Page: Repost this as your status if you think the world has gone to hell. What's it gonna TAKE with you kids? #RIP

Twitter

@Tony - CHINO! Come and get me!!!!!! #idareyou.

@maria - @tony hold my hand. We're halfway there, Anton.

@tony - @maria!!!! They told me you were dead.

Facebook - Maria: Descanza en Paz, Tony, mi verdando amor.






1 comment:

  1. There are no two ways that India is the world leader in attracting patients from across the borders for medical treatment in India like IVF India, Ivf surrogacy, Azoospermia Treatment in India, Surrogacy Program India, IVF Overseas, Surrogacy Overseas, Uterine Fibroids Surgery India, brain surgery at best hospitals in India.

    ReplyDelete